- Being able to sleep all day
- Eating Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream at 11am and not having to explain why
- Not having to wash, brush, condition, cut or style my hair
- Sleeping in
- Being home with my dogs all day
- Sparkling wine is a pre and post chemo medication and no one argues about it
- Becoming the neighbourhood nosey posey and keeping an eye on what goes on around here
- Having pancakes for breakfast in bed three days in a row at chemo time made by Dr Hands
- Meeting people all over the world (via social media) who have handy hints and kind words
- No dieting
- Beside medical appointments, no real obligations
- Shows the good side of people
My most recent chemo hasn’t been kind to me. I had it on Thursday gone and I thought I was doing ok for a while but come Sunday, I couldn’t leave my bed. I did have a lovely couple of coffees with the neighbour yesterday but have spent most of yesterday and today in bed also.
Thank goodness there is only one more chemo session left.
Then, we’ll talk radiation therapy……………
6 thoughts on “The ‘upside’ of Cancer”
Hang on in there girl, you are an inspiration 🙂
Thank you, not far to go now
Hang in there. Your upswing will come soon.
Thank you 🙂
Hope you feel better soon. You’re almost there. And radiation will be a lot smoother.
Thank you. I can’t wait to have a little more energy and normality in my life 🙂